Have you ever tried authentic Jamaican food? At The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant, we serve the best Jamaican dishes around. Here are our most popular Jamaican dishes. Try them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
An authentic Jamaican breakfast plate is more savory than some cuisines with primarily sweet breakfasts. Our authentic breakfasts usually consist of fish or liver with a side. Here are our five most popular breakfast plates:
- Okra & Saltfish: Salted cod served with a generous helping of perfectly prepared okra.
- Callaloo & Saltfish: Callaloo is a leafy green vegetable, similar to spinach. It has a mild flavor. To prepare callaloo, we sautee it with traditional Jamaican spices and serve it with a delicious piece of saltfish.
- Ackee & Saltfish: Jamaica’s national dish is saltfish with ackee. Ackee is a savory fruit. To prepare ackee, we sautee it with peppers, onions, and traditional spices.
- Salt Mackerel: As its name suggests, this is a salty fish. We serve it prepared with onions and peppers.
- Liver: We prepare this dish by braising liver in traditional Jamaican seasoning.
All of our meals come with your choice of one of the following side items:
- Fried dumplings
- Boiled dumplings
- Boiled banana
- Sweet potato
In addition to our authentic breakfast plates, we offer a daily hearty porridge. The selection changes daily between cornmeal, hominy, plantain, oatmeal, strongback, bulga, and peanut porridge.
Lunch & Dinner
You can enjoy chicken, beef, fish, or goat in our authentic Jamaican lunches and dinners. Here are our most loved lunch and dinner meals:
- Oxtail: Tender meat, robust in flavor
- Cow Foot: Slow-cooked meat with finger-licking gravy
- Tripe and Beans: Succulent and well-seasoned tripe with butter beans
- Brown Stew Chicken: Stewed chicken with a deep Caribbean flavor in a brown gravy
- Curry Chicken: Savory chicken prepared with Jamaican curry seasoning
- BBQ Chicken: Bone-in chicken cooked with sticky Jamaican BBQ sauce
- Fried Chicken: Flour-coated bone-in chicken fried to a perfect golden brown
- Jerk Chicken: Chicken prepared with traditional Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Chicken Foot: Savory chicken foot prepared with Jamaican curry seasoning
- Curry Goat: Savory goat prepared with Jamaican curry seasoning
- Jerk Goat: Goat prepared with traditional Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Stew Pork: Stewed chicken with a deep Caribbean flavor in a brown gravy
- Brown Stew Fish: Whole stewed fish with a deep Caribbean flavor in a brown gravy
- Escoveitch Fish: Whole fish with perfectly fried crispy skin, served with peppers and onions
- Steamed Fish: We make our steamed fish to order; please allow 45 minutes for this special order.
- Stew Peas: Classic Jamaican stew made with red kidney beans in a rich gravy
All lunch and dinner meals come with rice and peas or white rice, plantains, and salad.
Soups & Sides
If you want to add something extra to your lunch or dinner plate, we suggest trying one of our soups or sides.
The Dutch Pot serves authentic Jamaican soups. Throughout the week, we offer the following soups:
- Chicken soup
- Funco soup
- Red peas soup
- Goat head soup
- Beef soup
Our soup of the day selection varies by day and location.
To find your favorite soup and side, try a new one each time you visit! Sides include mac and cheese, plantains, rice and peas, and steamed vegetables. You can add a piece of BBQ chicken, fried chicken, or fish.
Patties and Desserts
The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant serves traditional Jamaican pastries and patties. You can enjoy them as a snack or alongside your meal.
Fried Dumplings: Sometimes called “Johnny Cakes” or “Bakes,” we make our fried dumplings by frying soft dough balls made of flour, salt, butter, and baking powder.
Festival: Similar to a fried dumpling, our festival dumpling is fried dough made of a mixture of flour and yellow cornmeal.
Coconut Drops: Our authentic coconut drops are similar to toffee. They are a sweet, chewy, and satisfying dessert.
Jamaican Patty: Sometimes called a “meat pie,” we offer three types of Jamaican patties. They are similar to empanadas but have traditional Jamaican flavors. Our patties consist of seasoned beef, chicken, or vegetable filling inside a flaky pastry crust.
Rum Cake: Complete your meal with a slice of rum cake. Rum cake is a dense cake made with an infusion of rum and butter.
Pudding: Our cornmeal pudding is a firm pudding served by the slice. You’ll enjoy its creamy texture with a cinnamon and vanilla flavor.
Your authentic Jamaican meal isn’t complete with a refreshing beverage. The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant offers a variety of drinks, including:
- Coconut water
- Homemade sorrel
- Pineapple ginger
- Grape passion fruit
- Pink lemonade
- Island splash
- Caribbean punch
Drink selection varies by store and availability. Make sure to try them all!
Visit the Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant for Authentic Jamaican Food
When looking for a fantastic, authentic meal, visit The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant at one of our nine locations. You’re sure to enjoy our traditional Jamaican dishes and characteristic hospitality. We look forward to serving you soon!